Principles Behind the Best Practices
Lean thinking is historically known to have evolved in Toyota. “The Lean Startup” has its roots in these basic principles. Donald Reinertsen who often highlights the lean principles that go beyond practices followed in Toyota presented seven big ideas of lean startup.
- Converting proxy metrics to economic lifecycle profits helps decision. “The Lean Startup” tests viability by asking customers to sign up instead of feeling good about vanity metrics like number of views.
- Changes in loading have nonlinear impact on queue length depending on capacity utilization. If you have all your development capacity utilized with everyone frantically working to meet the deadline, you are not equipped to deal with unexpected emergencies. This results in long queues and delayed feedback resulting in more unexpected emergencies.
- In product development we should try to alter economic impact of variability than eliminate it. Options have value because of asymmetry in payoff function. “The Lean Startup” deals with variability by applying the portfolio approach by increasing the probability of a hit ,which compensates for several misses.
- Reduce the batch size to reduce the length of the queues. Smaller products with quicker time to market reduce the impact of uncertainty.
- The easiest way to reduce the cycle time of a process is by limiting the WIP in the process. Software work and capacity is hard to estimate. You can only indirectly limit capacity utilization by limiting queue length.
- Prioritization is made easier and effective with smaller batch size. All big monolithic batches look equally important.
- Fast Feedback exponentially reduces the cost. If you go to market sooner, you have less waste in terms of code that is not yet in production. Moreover early feedback can potentially prevent unwanted code.
The lean startup movement is not only about “startups” as commonly understood by all. Any innovative undertaking in an extremely uncertain business environment can be called a “Startup”. It’s strongly rooted in lean manufacturing principles evolved in Toyota. Large companies, including Governments are following these principles. It’s not a movement of large company haters. In fact Eric Ries says that “If you don’t like large companies, why are you building one?”
“Synerzip team is very responsive & quick to adopt new technologies. Team naturally follows best practices, does peer reviews and delivers quality output, thus exceeding client expectations.”
“Synerzip’s agile processes & daily scrums were very valuable, made communication & time zone issues work out successfully.”
“Synerzip’s flexible and responsible team grew to be an extension to the StepOne team. Typical concerns of time zone issues did not exist with Synerzip team.”
“Synerzip worked in perfect textbook Agile fashion – releasing working demos every two weeks. Though aggressive schedules, Synerzip was able to deliver a working product in 90 days, which helped Zimbra stand by their commitment to their customers.”
“Outstanding product delivery and exceptional project management, comes from DNA of Synerzip.”
“Studer product has practically taken a 180% turn from what it was, before Synerzip came in. Synerzip cost is very reasonable as compared to the work they do.”
“Synerzip makes the timezone differences work FOR the customer, enabling a positive experience for us. ‘Seeing is believing’, so we decided to give it a shot and the project was very successful.”
“The Synerzip team seamlessly integrates with our team. We started seeing results within the first sprint. And due to the team’s responsiveness, we were able to get our product to the sales cycle within 7 months.”
“Product management team from Synerzip is exceptional and has a clear understanding of Studer’s needs. Synerzip team gives consistent performance and never misses a deadline.”
“Synerzip is different because of the quality of their leadership, efficient team and clearly set methodologies. Studer gets high level of confidence from Synerzip along with significant cost advantage of almost 50%”
“Synerzip’s hiring approach and practices are worth applauding. Working with Synerzip is like
“What you see is what you get”.”
“Synerzip has dedicated experts for every area. Synerzip helped Tangoe save a lot of cost, still giving a very high quality product.”
“Synerzip gives tremendous cost advantage in terms of hiring and growing the team to be productive verses a readymade team. Synerzip is one company that delivers “co –development” to the core!”
“Synerzip is a great company to work with. Good leadership and a warm, welcoming attitude of the team are additional plus points.”
“Our relationship with Synerzip is very collaborative, and they are our true partners as our values match with theirs.”
“Synerzip has proven to be a great software product co-development partner. It is a leader because of its great culture, its history, and its employee retention policies. ExamSoft’s clients are happy with the product, and that’s how ExamSoft measures that all is going well.”
“They possess a great technical acumen with a burning desire to solve problems. The team always takes the initiative and ownership in all the processes they follow. Synerzip has played a vital role in our scaling up and was a perfect partner in cost, efficiency, and schedules.”
“As we are a startup, things change on a weekly basis, but Synerzip team has been flexible in adapting the same”
“Synerzip team has been very proactive in building the best quality software, bringing in best practices, and cutting edge innovation for our company.”
“We’ve been working for more than six years with Synerzip and its one of the better, if not the best, experience I’ve had working with an outsourcing company.”
“My experience with Synerzip is that they have the talent. You throw a problem at them, and someone from that team helps to solve the issue.”
“The breadth and depth of technical abilities that Synerzip brings on the table and the UX work done by them for this project exceeded my expectations!”
“Synerzip UX designers very closely represent their counterparts in the US in terms of their practice, how they tackle problems, and how they evangelize the value of UX.”
“Synerzip team understood the requirements well and documented them to make sure they understood them rightly.”
“Synerzip is definitely not a typical offshore company. Synerzip team is incredibly communicative, agile, and delivers on its commitments.”
“Working with Synerzip helped us accelerate our roadmap in ways we never thought possible!”
“While working with Synerzip, I get a feeling of working with a huge community of resources, who can jump in with the skills as needed.”