Do you find yourself asking these questions:
- What does scaling agile really mean, and is it necessary that we scale?
- If scaling means working with a large team, how do we make sure everyone is moving in the same direction?
- How do we deal with the complications that come with scaling, such as the dependencies thatare inherently created?
Join Kent McDonald as he suggests answers to these questions in the form of 3D’s:
- Do “scaling” only when necessary
- Decision making in a complicated environment
- Dependencies and how to deal with them
As we examine these topics, Kent introduces simple, yet powerful techniques your teams can use to be more effective in an environment where scaling seems to be the right answer. You’ll walk away with ideas on how to apply these techniques in your own situation.
- Use the Context Leadership Model and the Cynefin model to determine if scaling is the right answer
- Encourage informed decision making through Purpose Based Alignment and decision filters
- Minimize dependencies through collaborative planning & consistent communication