SYNERZIP'S DUAL SHORE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS MODEL
Given Synerzip's extensive experience with off-shore software product development work, spanning over two decades, we have applied our cumulative knowledge to define the business model for Synerzip. Here are the key components:
1. Seed: Core-team Based Project Launch
Since it takes time to build, well balanced, high-performing software development teams, Synerzip leverages its core team of software professionals to jump-start each client engagement. The core team serves as the starting seed to start the client project and begin the recruiting and team building process for client specific team. Over the course of 3-4 months, the core team ramps down its direct involvement with client project leaving the dedicated client team to move forward with their momentum. This approach allows building a well-balanced, high performing client team to become self-sufficient quickly and enables the client to take their dedicated team captive if they so desire, reducing continued reliance on Synerzip.
2. Build: Multi-prong Recruiting
We realize that recruiting and retaining high quality software professionals is a real challenge in India these days. To handle this situation, the Synerzip team has adopted a multi-prong approach to recruiting.
- Innovative mentor-chain approach, where the fresh graduates are recruited in an internship program and are trained on pertinent software skills in a project driven environment. The training is provided by Synerzip's core team members. This process allows us to screen and preview a large number of candidates on a routine basis and then pick the quality candidates to place on client teams.
- Strategic alliance with Alphonso-Informex, the oldest IT recruiting organization in Pune, India. With this relationship, Synerzip has access to a large pool of IT professionals to choose from.
- IT Professionals Network that Synerzip principals have built over time. Synerzip is able to tap this extensive network of experienced IT professionals to fill senior level openings in client teams.
In addition, Synerzip continues to also leverage all the other available channels of recruitment to identify additional qualified candidates.
3. Deliver: Concrete Output Focus
Recognizing that all small/mid-sized companies are working under tremendous market and competitive pressures, not to mention investor pressures, Synerzip manages its projects with concrete output focus. The development work is divided into smaller iterations, each lasting about 4 to 6 weeks and resulting in concrete working software code which can be reviewed by client teams. This approach allows early course corrections in case of requirements changes or design changes and keeps, both client team and Synerzip team, focused on measurable output.
4. Product Development Mindset
Most software development professionals in India have grown-up with a project mindset. In project based development environments, the detailed specifications are spelled out ahead of time and the development team is expected to merely “code-to-specs”. On the other hand, most innovative product development teams have only high level product requirements in hand and the development team needs to take initiative to figure out the details and build the product. In such product development environments, the client cannot be expected to detail out all the specifications ahead of time – that would bog the entire development process down. Rather, an iterative/spiral development process needs to be followed. Synerzip management team instills this iterative/spiral product development mindset in its development teams. We give concrete form to fuzzy requirements.
5. Transfer: Build-Operate-Transfer Option
Since we address the unique needs of early-stage software products companies, we recognize that some of these companies want to take their off-shore operation captive once its reaches a critical mass. We provide a build-operate-transfer option from day one to our clients. At any time in the engagement, the client can decide to exercise this option and take their team captive. We charge an exit price, based on a sliding scale along time, when this option is exercised.